Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Brains and stuff

   Well some of you may know that I want to be a neurologist or a neurosurgeon. This idea stemmed from when I was in junior high and I found out that my grandpa had Alzheimer's disease. This is a disease that deteriorates the brain, and the affected person forgets everything. People usually die of complications with this sickness like forgetting how to breathe. This disease saddens me because my grandpa whom has seen me grow up doesn't recall my existence. He is helpless too as he forgets routine tasks and begins to revert to a toddler-like mentality. I feel lime it is my calling to make a difference in the lives of those affected by this tragic disease.
   By learning about the control center of the human body I will be closer to my dream of helping people with Alzheimer's.
   Although I want to work with neurology because of my grandpa, I also want to work with it because brains are pretty dang cool. The different connections of nerve cells in the brain create channels of information that stores the entire life of a person in an organic super computer. The brain can access data faster than some computers today, and they only require organic material to keep on functioning. This sensitive organ is about the size of your fists and has enough storage to store your whole life and every language.
   The brain also has psychological factors that are affected chemically. People with depression or bi-polar disorder have certain chemicals around their brain that cause them to act abnormal. People are born with the same organ, but develop in an environment that affects how they are going to live the rest of their life differently. A child born into an abusive family is left imprinted with this behavior and is stored into his brain. He cannot be changed and will live his life a certain way because of these events. While Kim Kardashian is a whiny baby as an adult because of her family.
  Learning how the external and chemical factors on the brain affect functioning of you and I is something that I want to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment