Sunday, April 12, 2015

Feeling

                I sit and wait under these fluorescent light bulbs for a verdict of my future. This trial is an unjust representation of myself. I feel as I am more human than the person conducting this cruel trial and in some aspects my faults are what make me even more human. The qualities of a robot are the qualities they are lacking. Lacking of feeling, emotion, tone, empathy, love, sadness, and countless more, are what makes a machine the cold and electric calculator it is. I on the other hand have thoughts and feelings that make me a unique individual. I can show affection for my loved ones, while the one reprimanding my character cannot feel a single ounce of empathy for a person being destroyed by a robotic system of trial. A system of trial that instead of proving guilt will throw out all evidence innocence and send me to the factory and sort out beads for the rest of my organic existence. What’s the point of fighting this then?

                I need to look out for my posterity, each and every person after me, so that they do not encounter the same issue as I do. I will fight a broken system all on my own thinking. This was not programmed into my thoughts by a computer engineer but by experience. The most human of people were fighters, genuine people like Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.; they fought for what they knew was right. They showed a love of enormous agape, they had never-ending empathy, and they fought for something more than themselves. Those same qualities that didn't make them a robot is what can also define others as human. I aspire to even be half as great as them but a robot doesn't even have the capability to aspire such things. They are programmed to do jobs and things in a repetitive manner as suggested by their coding.

                A simple look at medical records it is evident that that I am an organic organism born naturally from the same organic species of human. I feel betrayed by a system that throws out my rights and equivocates me to and inanimate object based off of what? Does this supposed man know of my past experiences, my interactions with others, my charitable actions of empathy, or even the emotion I feel? I must assure you that I don’t dream of “electric sheep.”


Feeling is the bold line between human and robot. A robot doesn't have an emotional feeling like humans do. The feelings of empathy, love, sadness, joy and anger make me human. I understand why a university wouldn't admit an android to their university. I don’t understand why this university won’t accept me and my fully capable sentient self.

No comments:

Post a Comment